Giveter’s disappointment of the Security Council’s failure to Gaza
The UN Secretary -General expressed frustration with the UN Security Council’s failure to adopt a ceasefire resolution in the Gaza Strip.
On Wednesday, the United States vetoed a draft UN Security Council resolution demanding a permanent ceasefire in the Gaza Strip and lifting restrictions on sending aid to the area.
Asked if he was concerned about the last UN Security Council voting on the situation of the Gaza Strip, Antonio Guterres, the UN Secretary -General, said, “Of course (I feel frustrated).”
“As I said, we will always be disappointed when the ceasefire is not realized,” he said.
He also said, “Last year, five UN employees were killed, three of whom were in Gaza.”
“Last year it has been devastating in Gaza,” Guterres said at a press conference on the UN killed staff. “Today’s commemoration of 4 of our killed colleagues – 3 of them served in the UN Relief and Labor Agency (UNRWA).” “The sacrifice of all four of our killed colleagues is everywhere – humanitarian, peacekeepers, peace, a tragedy.”
Guterres emphasized that this is the highest number of employees’ deaths in the UN history. “The United Nations will not be” indifferent “and will not accept it,” the secretary general added.
The end of the message
(Tagstotranslate) Gaza
News>RCO NEWS
RCO




