Lavrov and Rubio discussed the new round of Russian -Ukraine talks – Mehr News Agency | Iranian and world news
The Russian Foreign Ministry said: Sergei Lavrov, Foreign Secretary of State, on Wednesday in a phone call to Marco RubioHis US counterpart has talked about the preparation for a new round of direct talks between Russia and Ukraine in Istanbul.
The ministry’s statement states that Lavrov Rubio During the progress made in the implementation of the agreements between Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Donald Trump, May (May 9) and has announced the preparation of specific Russian proposals for future talks.
Rubio In the conversation, Trump also emphasized that Trump is focused on the end of the Ukrainian war and Washington is ready to facilitate the role of the parties.
According to the statement, the two sides also emphasized the continuation of a constructive dialogue based on mutual respect between the two countries‘ foreign ministries.
Lavrov had earlier said on Wednesday that Russia had proposed to hold the next round of direct talks with Ukraine with the aim of reaching a June 2 (June 6) peace agreement in Istanbul.
He also announced that, according to last week’s agreements in Istanbul, Moscow had prepared a “understanding note” with the Russian position to eradicate the crisis and try to resolve it.
At the same time, Rustam AmrovThe Ukrainian defense minister also said: “His country” has handed over the peace memorandum to Russia, in which Kiev’s view of the next stages to stop the war and the ceasefire.
He wrote in a post on X -Social Network: After meeting 1 May (May 9) In Türkiye, the world expected the Russian side to submit his note on the path to the ceasefire to Ukraine and the partners.
(Tagstotranslate) Marco Rubio (T) Sergei Lavrov (T) Ukraine
RCO NEWS
RCO




