Al-Arabi Al-Jadeed: Egypt is trying to revive the agreement between Iran and the IAEA
Diplomatic sources announced that Egypt is trying to revive the cooperation agreement between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency; The agreement that Tehran declared “null and invalid” after the return of UN sanctions.
According to Isna, Egypt is trying to save the cooperation agreement between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency, which was declared “null and invalid” by Tehran a few weeks ago. This action takes place after Iran canceled the agreement in response to the reinstatement of UN sanctions.
Al-Arabi Al-Jadeed media reported about this: In a phone call, Egypt’s Foreign Minister discussed with Rafael Grossi, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency, about the collapse of this agreement and efforts to prevent the escalation of tension between Iran and the Western powers.
Egypt had previously brokered an agreement under which Iran would resume cooperation with the IAEA after months of tension following the attacks by the US and the Zionist regime on its nuclear facilities in July. This agreement allowed IAEA inspectors to resume inspections of Iran’s nuclear facilities; An agreement that diplomatic sources described as the “biggest progress” in Iran’s international cooperation over the past 2 years.
But after the illegal action of France, Germany and the United Kingdom in activating the UN sanctions return mechanism that was canceled under the 2015 nuclear agreement, Iran withdrew from this agreement.
On November 21, Iran reiterated that the agreement was “null and void”. This happened after the IAEA Board of Governors in a resolution condemned Iran’s nuclear program and demanded access to facilities targeted by the US and the Zionist regime during the 12-day war.
Tehran considered this decision “illegal and unjustified” and announced that the United States and three European countries (France, Germany and the United Kingdom) are trying to push the agency towards more tension.
According to Al-Arabiya, the Egyptian Foreign Minister expressed his concern over the increase in tension between Iran and the IAEA in his phone call and warned that this process could cause “the situation to get out of control” regarding Iran’s nuclear program. He emphasized the necessity of “continuing efforts to reduce tension, build trust and provide conditions for continued cooperation”.
Grossi also praised Egypt’s role in mediating the agreement and said that the agency needs Iran’s “complete and unconditional cooperation” to restore relations.
In the continuation of this article, it is stated that Iran has issued permission to inspect some facilities, but due to security concerns, it has denied inspectors access to facilities that have been bombed by the United States and the Zionist regime.
Seyed Abbas Araghchi, Iran’s foreign minister, said that the agency can access the targeted facilities only if the right conditions are met.
end of message
News>RCO NEWS
RCO




