Reuters: Hamas agreed to a ceasefire plan in Gaza – Mehr News Agency | Iranian and world news
An informed Palestinian official told Reuters on Friday that the Hamas agency had sent a response to a six -day ceasefire proposal in Gaza.
The informed official described the response as positive and said the reaction should help to reach the agreement.
Accordingly, US President Donald Trump had earlier announced that he had made a final proposal for a six -day ceasefire in a war between Israel and Hamas for about six months, saying he was waiting for the parties’ response in the coming hours.
“We have sent our response to the mediator, Qatar and Egypt, on the ceasefire proposal,” said a Hamas official who did not want to be named.
The Palestinian official, who was close to the negotiations, added: “Hamas’s response is positive and I think it should help to reach an agreement.”
Trump said Tuesday that Israel had accepted the conditions to finalize a six -day ceasefire, and that efforts would be made to end the US coalition war with the Hamas group in the Palestinian region.
But Zionist Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has not yet responded to Trump’s remarks, and in public statements, the positions of the two sides are still very far away.
Netanyahu is due to meet with Trump in Washington on Monday.
(Tagstotranslate) Israel’s Gaza War (T) Palestine
RCO NEWS
RCO




