Trump is ready to meet Putin and Zelnski for a ceasefire
Trump is “ready” to meet Ukrainian and Russian leaders to advance the ceasefire. Istanbul talks ended without progress on complete ceasefire, but were agreed to exchange prisoners. Moscow has offered a temporary ceasefire, but Zelksky wants to further US pressure on Russia.
According to the White House, US President Donald Trump is “ready” to meet his Russian and Ukrainian counterparts in Turkey, after the two sides failed to make progress in the difficult ceasefire on Monday.
However, the delegations of the two sides agreed to other prisoners during their visit to Istanbul. Istanbul also hosted the first round of talks in mid -May.
Earlier, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan suggested that Russian President Vladimir Putin, Ukrainian President Waldimir Zelnski and Trump will come together in Istanbul or Ankara later this month.
Putin has so far rejected such a visit. But Zelnsky has said he is ready and has emphasized that key issues can only be resolved at the level of leaders.
“Trump, who wants the rapid end of the three -year war, is ready to hold a trilateral meeting, if he reaches that point, but he wants both leaders and both sides to sit at the negotiating table,” said White House spokesman Caroline Lewat in Washington.
Despite Trump’s willingness to meet with Putin and Zelnski, according to a US State Department spokesman, no US representative was involved in Monday’s negotiations in Istanbul.
Zelnsky also said that “we are waiting for strong steps from the United States” to exacerbate Trump to “forced” sanctions against Russia to accept a complete ceasefire. Ukraine announced on Monday that Moscow had rejected their request for the unconditional ceasefire. Instead, Russia offered a limited ceasefire for two to three days in some areas of the front line.
Under the terms of negotiations by Russian government media, Russia will only agree with the complete ceasefire if Ukrainian forces will retreat from the four regions of Donetsk, Luhansk, Zapurigia and Kermanson. Russia currently holds only part of these areas. Moscow has also called for a ban on Kiev’s joining NATO, restricting the Ukrainian army and the end of Western military support.
Senior negotiators agreed to exchange all the soldiers and the captured forces under the age of five.
Vladimir Madinsky, a senior Russian negotiator, said the exchange would include at least 5 people on each side. Ukraine announced after the talks that the two sides also agreed to hand over the bodies of four soldiers.
“The Russian side continues to reject the invalid ceasefire,” Ukrainian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Kisylitsia told reporters after negotiations.
Russia announced that it has proposed a temporary and limited ceasefire, Reuters reported.
“We have offered a specified ceasefire for two to three days in some areas of the front line,” said Medinski. “The move is needed to collect the bodies of the soldiers killed on the battlefield.”
“I think it’s stupid, because the whole of the ceasefire is to prevent human death, not just to collect the bodies,” Zelnsky responded to social media.
Kiev announced that he will examine the document that the Russian side has presented to the negotiators and specified his demands for complete peace and ceasefire. Zeansky said after the Istanbul talks that any agreement for sustainable peace should not be a “reward” for Putin and called for an urgent and unconditional ceasefire to stop the battle in the air, sea and land.
Ukrainian Defense Minister Rostam Amirov, who headed the delegation, called for the next round of talks before the end of June. He also said that Putin and Zelnsky’s visit should be discussed.
Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan also said the talks were “in a constructive environment” after talks held in a luxury hotel on the Bosphorus Strait called the Cheraghan Palace.
The end of the message
(Tagstotranslate) Ukraine War (T) Donald Trump
News>RCO NEWS
RCO




