European leaders consult with Trump before calling Putin
The Italian Government Council announced the phone calls for leaders, Britain, Germany and France to the US president about the situation in the Ukrainian peace talks, in which the Italian Prime Minister appreciated Washington’s efforts in this regard, calling for the Russian president’s direct involvement in peace talks with Ukraine.
According to RCO News Agency, the Italian Council announced Monday that the Italian, British, German and French leaders consulted with US President Donald Trump on a phone call on Ukraine.
The consultation was made before Trump’s phone call with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, which is planned for today.
The Italian Prime Minister Georgia Melloni said: “Italian Prime Minister Georgia Meloni over the support of Italy and European and Western partners over Trump’s efforts to achieve a fair and sustainable peace in Ukraine and the importance of urgent ceasefire.”
At the end, the Prime Minister welcomed Ukraine’s will to participate in the conversations and expressed hope that Moscow would seriously participate in direct contacts between Ukrainian and Russian leaders in negotiations that would lead to peace.
The US President announced on Saturday that he plans to make phone calls with Russian and Ukrainian presidents on Monday, as well as NATO officials on Monday to provide a basis for the end of the Ukrainian war.
Trump wrote in the message that his conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin will take place at 9am local time, focusing on “stopping blood baths” in the Ukrainian war and business issues.
The US president further added that after contacting Putin, he will also talk to Ukrainian President Walodimir Zelnski and will continue to consult with NATO members.
At the end of the message, Trump expressed hope that the calls would lead to a ceasefire, and he said, “this very violent war that should never have begun” would end.
Ukrainian and Russian delegations held direct talks in Istanbul on Friday, May 9, which, despite Kiev’s request, were not held at the level of presidents. Russia expressed satisfaction with the meeting that it was ready to continue calls. Both countries have announced that they have agreed to exchange four warrior of the war, which will be the biggest exchange of this type so far.
The parties also had a trilateral meeting with the US delegation, including the US Secretary of State.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov also told reporters: Russia and Ukraine have agreed to exchange the list of ceasefire conditions. The work is going on, in progress. The Russian side will produce and deliver it and will be exchanged with the Ukrainian side.
Peskov added that work on the dispute resolution in Ukraine will just start and will continue.
The West has called on Russia to accept the unnecessary six -day ceasefire and the proposed condition of Ukraine and the United States. However, Moscow has argued that Kiev will exploit the interruption to renew his weapons and reorganize his forces.
The end of the message
(tagstotranslate) Ukrainian peace talks (T) Ukraine War (T) English (T) German (T) German (T) Russian (T) Donald Trump
News>RCO NEWS
RCO




